Ananda Tours Environment & Culture
The preservation of our environment is very important to us, our community and our beautiful country. Protecting our environment and ensuing a sustainable future is vastly important to all of us at Ananda Tours. We want all customers travelling around New Zealand to have to greatest experience. The protection of our beautiful landscapes and environment will ensure the longevity for future generations. At Ananda Tours we aim to show case our beautifully unique region for many generations to come. We have committed to various environmental practices in order to reduce our environmental impact and provide a green way of living that is sustainable for everybody. We are committed towards becoming a more sustainable organisation, protecting and broadening our sustainability obligation.
- Reducing our carbon footprint.
- Idling of the vehicles kept to a minimum.
- Regular maintenance checks (fuel efficiency, tyre pressures etc).
- Vehicles are consistently maintained to the highest standards.
- Vehicles are tested and exceed all the required emission standards (Euro standard 5).
- All paper goods, plastic, scrap and glass.
- Using biodegradable plant-based bottle water (when needed).
- Minimize waste by using products with minimum packaging, leaving no litter.
- Ensure no rubbish is dropped on tour – and collect any rubbish we see on tour, including walking along the beaches or walking the coastal bush tracks.
- Digital communication.
- Sending mail digitally.
- Providing digital options for all forms and documents.
- Sustainable business practice.
- Supporting local providers and produce (Vineyards, Te Matuku Oysters, Rangihoua).
- Supporting other sustainable businesses who align their practices and packaging for future generations and preservation of our environment.
- Our local guides are not only passionate about their job but have an invested interest into the beautiful island they get to call home. Our guides are passionate about the preservation of our unique environment, ensuring we keep our home as beautiful and clean as possible.
- Our guides are responsible for educating the guests about the environment. Ensuring guests are aware of their own individual environmental impact and carbon footprint on their travels. We want to make sure that our guests respect, participate and are knowledgeable about the preservation of our environment.
- Waiheke Island is fortunate enough to be possum free with an aim of being totally pest free. It's of vast importance to ensure we maintain this standard, safeguarding all native wildlife.
If you would like to find out more or would like to make a donation to support a predator free Waiheke please visit tekorowaiowaiheke.org.